Following the latest ESMA ruling, there have been some important changes that can affect your trading. As a fully regulated broker, we have fully complied with the latest ESMA ruling have come up with this simple guide to introduce you to all the latest changes when it comes to using leverage and trading on our MT4 platforms.
What are the changes?
The changes mainly affect the leverage offered on our assets, please see below what the maximum leverage ratios will be moving forward:
– 30:1 FOR MAJOR CURRENCY PAIRS
– 20:1 FOR NON-MAJOR CURRENCY PAIRS
– 20:1 FOR MAJOR INDICES
– 20:1 FOR GOLD
– 10:1 FOR COMMODITIES (EXCLUDING GOLD)
– 5:1 FOR EQUITY CFDS
– 2:1 FOR CRYPTOCURRENCIES (this only applies to basic accounts)
-The MARGIN call will now be at 100%
-The STOP-OUT level will now change to 50%
What has changed for you?
Due to these changes, we’ve had to make a few adjustments on our trading platforms. Here are a few examples on what you will be seeing and what you will need to do to ensure that you are trading the correct pairs and symbols:
On the MT4 Platform for PC and MAC:
If you still have open positions, you will have noticed that they all appear with a –(dash) next to them:
These positions are not affected by the new leverage and this is the reason why they are only available for CLOSING.
To be able to open new positions (deals) you must trade the symbols with a .(dot) next to them:
If you are unable to trade symbols because they are grayed out:
You simply need to follow the below steps to get the right symbols in order:
1. Right click anywhere inside the Market Watch box and click on ‘SHOW ALL’
2. Once you have done this, you will be able to scroll down in the Market Watch box and see the new symbols that can now be traded:
On MT4 for Mobile:
1. Select the ‘Quotes’ icon and then click on the + sign on the top right
2. Select your account type:
3. Then tap on the + sign next to each pair that you wish to add:
Once added, click on Done and you may resume trading as before.
If you still have any questions on the above, please do not hesitate to contact your account manager directly, or send an email to our customer support department at [email protected].
Call Me Back